Thursday, October 12, 2017

Word Rods

I was trying to find a creative way for word building and I created these word rods from pool noodles, plunger handles, dry erase tape, and my husband's 3D printer (totally optional).

The rods come from small plungers I got on NAEIR. If you aren't familiar with NAEIR, go here and check them out! 

I screwed off the plunger part. The rods held the pool noodles perfectly. My husband made end pieces for the noodles, which makes for easy turning. This isn't necessary but it is nice to have. If you have a 3D printer, you can access the file here.

I used dry erase tape to write the letters with Sharpie and it comes off very easily with dry erase board cleaner. Each piece is almost 2 inches long. I used one color for vowels and another for consonants. I cut the dry erase tape in about 1 inch pieces and I could fit 3 of them on one pool noodle piece. The tape fits really well to the pool noodle and won't come off. 

Watch this video to see how they work! 











No comments:

Post a Comment