Sunday, August 16, 2015

From Room to Cart

Before school started I spent some time setting up my corner in a classroom.  I was sharing a room with two other interventionists and we each had a corner, along with the art teacher in the other corner.  I was excited to have a little more space this year, since last year we had less space.  I spent about a week setting it up, and even brought my 5 year old daughter along to help out.








Well, so much for that because at 2:30, before the first day of school started, we were told we were losing our room for a new teacher allocation.  Needless to say, I wasn't happy.  I felt like I wasted the whole week.  We had no where to go, so ended up putting our desks in a classroom and will now have a cart to keep all of our things on and push into a classroom.   So I took down my corner and took a bunch of stuff home.



I don't handle change well, especially on such short notice, so I was pretty upset at first.  It took me a few days to accept it and now I have, though it's not like I have a choice!  :-)  At least I still have a job and we are gaining some new teachers, so it's a good thing.

This will be my third year being an interventionist and I guess I got spoiled with having a room the past two years.  We were able to pick out our cart (below) and I already have ideas of how I'm going to decorate it.

I found the fabric below today and thought it'd be perfect to use.  I'm going to attach it with some Velcro.  I also picked up some hooks and things for organizing.  I will post pictures once I deck it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment