Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Intervention on a Cart


After a rough beginning of the year, I've finally settled in and am doing well with my 8 groups.  I have one kindergarten group, two 1st grade groups, two 2nd grade groups, two 3rd grade groups, and an IREAD remediation group. I have about 35 students right now.

I posted a picture in one of my earlier posts of some fabric I got to decorate my cart.  I was able to put it on after some trial and error - NO to wall putty or hooks.  I used zip ties to finally attach it.


 

Unfortunately, I had to take the fabric off due to new fire codes for school buildings (no fabric allowed!).  I was really bummed but will be using the fabric to make a cute summer dress for my daughter.




 I'm still on a cart and push into classrooms.  It was very hard at first, especially after having a room for two years, but I've gotten used to it.  My cart can be VERY heavy to push around sometimes (just look at it!).  I go into classrooms and use their tables.  Sometimes it can be noisy, but it's just nice to have a table!  I do my best to stay organized, which helps.

Recently I put some pocket charts on my cart to list the objectives for each of my groups.  I only could find red, yellow, green, and blue on Amazon.  I could not find the other color charts anywhere, so I got creative, and bought some orange, purple, brown, and pink duct tape on Amazon.  I then took the tape and made the color charts I needed from another set of the pocket charts:




Viola! Eight different colored pocket charts to match each group!  Once I was done, I was able to put my objectives and testing levels, using dry erase sentence strips:



It's not the prettiest, and the charts do get caught on things as I roll it around, which can be frustrating.
 
Another way to keep me organized is by having a different color for each group - red, yellow, green, blue, orange, brown, purple, pink.  I found colored tubs from Really Good Stuff that I can use for each group:
Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue Book Holders with Rack
Orange, Brown, Pink, and Purple Book Holders with Rack

These have been PERFECT for what I need!  I just pull out the colored tub I need.  I also have a binder for each group, that holds all my documents.  I got a lot of my binders from this great website: www.bulkofficesupply.com/.  I get HUGE discounts on binders, dividers, sheet protectors, etc.  It is way cheaper than going to any office supply store, plus shipping is free with a $45 purchase.

I use iPads with five of my groups, so I picked up these nifty styluses from Amazon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment