Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Microsoft Office 365

This year my district transitioned to Office 365.  At first I was like, "What the heck is this and why do I have to change from Google?"  After I started using it though, it got easier, and there are so many features that I love.  I still have a love/hate relationship with Google.  It can tend to be overwhelming still sometimes. 

What I love about 365 is how EASY it is for me to access my work files at home.  I just sign in and open the files I needs.  Editing documents online can be a bit of a hassle at times, but overall I've found it pretty user friendly. I am still learning though, and that's what you really need to do in order to get really comfortable with it.

One of our elementary area technology coordinators posted to his blog a brief introduction to Microsoft 365 and what it is.  You can check out his video here.  It is geared towards educators working for my school district, but it still has some useful information.

If you are not following Microsoft Education on Facebook, I recommend you do so because they have posted some useful things to get you started!

I recently went to a conference and spent the whole day learning about Microsoft 365 features, including:
Microsoft Sway
Office Mix
OneNote
Class Notebook (through OneNote)

There is a lot more that you can check out at https://education.microsoft.com/!


No comments:

Post a Comment