Monday, August 7, 2017

Take a Number Board

I needed something for conferencing that was more effective instead of just having students come up to me.  I came up with my "Take a Number" board. My husband made the numbers with his 3-D printer and attached a magnet on the back of the numbers. I got a magnetic board and drew the matching numbers on it. 

It turned out to be a great tool that kept students on task and me sane! Students would pick any number and wait for me to call it. In the meantime they worked independently at their desks or had a buddy help them. If they didn't need me anymore, they put the number back. I used this for my writing and reading conferences. The kids loved it because they never knew what number I'd call. I highly recommend creating something like this to use in your classroom!



No comments:

Post a Comment