Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Bowling Games

Lately I have been working on bowling games for students to practice reading skills, like cause and effect, fact and opinion, compound words, etc. These games are a fun way for students to learn! Each game has a game board (a bowling lane) with question cards.

Materials Needed:
Game Board and Game Cards
One Pawn or Counter for Each Player

Directions:
• Up to three players can play the game.
• Pick a card and answer the questions.
• If you get it right, then move ahead one bowling ball. If you get it wrong, you must go back to the beginning and start over.

To Win:
Students need to land on the bowling pins and correctly answer the question.


The pictures below are an example of my Context Clues Bowling Game.  

If you enjoy this game, then be sure to check out my other Bowling Games!


If you plan on using multiple bowling games, I suggest setting them up like I did. I took the game board and put them in sheet protectors.


Then, using double-sided tape, I attached them to a manila file folder, with the openings facing out on both sides. This way you can just put in the new game board without laminating.




Laminate the game cards and put them in a labeled bag.



Attach the cards to the file folder with a clip.






No comments:

Post a Comment