Sunday, December 2, 2018

Using Sticky Notes to Measure Thinking

One strategy I like to do with my 4th graders, is using sticky notes. The last couple weeks we have been working on inferencing and making conclusions. I gave students sticky notes and had them write their thinking as they were reading. Sometimes I would give them something to write about and other times I would have them just write their response to what they ready. We were reading a story in their basal called "Dear Mr. Winston", which was a story about a girl who brought a snake into a library. The snake got out, which caused the librarian, Mr. Winston, to faint. She then wrote him a letter apologizing. The students had to determine if her apology was genuine by showing their thinking on sticky notes. Check out some of the their thinking below!







No comments:

Post a Comment