Sunday, July 19, 2015

Using QR Codes in the Classroom

When I taught third grade I loved using QR codes in my classroom.  They were an easy way for students to quickly access websites.  I had pages of QR codes that we frequently used posted around my classroom.  The pages were in sheet protectors so students could pull the page out if they needed to.  My favorite website to make QR codes is qrstuff.com.


This website is very easy to use.  You copy the website address and paste it.  The QR code is then automatically created.  In order to use it, you'll need to download it and save it as a picture, that you can then import into whatever you need.  You can even change the color if you want or make a QR code of text, e-mail address, etc.

I created a Word document of some QR codes I used in my classroom.  You can delete and add to it to meet your needs.  You can download it from my TpT store for FREE here.

There are many apps that you can use to scan QR codes.  I use QR Reader for the iPad but there are others out there you can use too.  To learn more about this app go here.

I have also made a document that lists the steps to make a QR code.  You can download that for FREE here.

Here is an activity I made for my students using QR codes.  I made fraction task cards and then attached a QR code to each card with the answer.  Students went around and checked their answers.

Below are some of the QR code activities used at my school:
Using QR Codes with Anchor Charts
Kindergarten Parakeet Project

QR Code Ideas on Pinterest

Here  is another website you can use to make QR codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment