Sunday, July 19, 2015

Using ScreenChomp to Monitor Fluency

First off let me say how much I loved using the app ScreenChomp!  When I taught third grade I used it all the time instead of dry erase boards.  Students loved the app too.  To learn more about ScreenChomp go here.  My five year old daughter has started using ScreenChomp on her iPad.  She loves recording herself while she draws pictures.

 One year I had a student who struggled with his accuracy when reading.  He could read really fast but would miss a lot of words as he was reading, which of course greatly lowered his accuracy score. One of the features of ScreenChomp is a timer.  My student used this feature to record himself reading and stopped after a minute.  He then played back the recording and crossed out the words he missed.  I had him do this at least three times a week and I noticed a huge jump in his accuracy scores.  Check out the video below to see how he did it!


No comments:

Post a Comment